This is my post to a motorhome site this afternoon. 250 people viewed this in a few hours and 14 responded with help. It's now 9pm and my gas according to the gauge is out, the tanks are full and it's another cold night. I could go into the Gites but that's cheating. Holls and I will have to cuddle up. Ian is in a nice warm chalet in Les 2 Alpes!
JacquiNewbieJoined: Aug 30, 2004Posts: 5
Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:24 am Post subject: Urgent-Gas Cylinders freezing Up
Hi All
Hope you can help.I am currently in the Haute Alpes long term where it is -4 during the day and -8 at night. I have a Burstner fitted with two gaslow refillable cylinders. I think the gas in them is freezing up. Initially I only had to re-fill each week and kept the heating on low constantly to prevent the van freezing up. I am now having to re-fill every other day and each time I can only put in smaller amounts of gas. I have checked the pipes and cannot detect or smell a gas leak anywhere. I have the van parked in the sun to try to warm the cylinders up. Does anybody have any ideas that I can try to warm the cylinders safely how can I prevent this or could there be something else happening that I am not aware of. Also i have read the winterization topics here and follow all tips. One was to have external pipes boxed in , how do I do this. Also is it safe to put antifreeze down the pipes and into grey water. That's the lot for now thanks in anticipation of any help offered.
Kind regards
Jacqui
Friday, January 28, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment