Thursday, March 16, 2006

Villars Switzerland










Well another bit of skiing, how could I refuse. This time in Villars Switzerland with Frank, Nicola, Isabella, Adrian, Amanda, Sam, Lucy, Mark, India, Sue, Diana and William-Phew
A skiing holiday and no skiing pics, we did ski honest in an awful lot of snow. New camera is so big I don't feel like bombing down the slopes with it strapped to my back. The camera would be fine, it's my back that would give and my mobile phone decided not to play so no mobile pics either. What a photographer. The skiing was good but at times a bit tricky. Am pleased to say I kept up with tradition and did a Jacqui style classic tumble, only Frank was there to appreciate the finesse with which I can land whilst kissing snow big style. I disappeared in powder and so did my ski, took a while to find it too, buried deep in the snow. Now that would have been a long trek off the mountain.

Think Frank has the snowblade bug but Nicola not so sure after an instructor refused to teach her on them. Sounds familiar-Ian!!! Ski instructors, snobs, nah.
Isabella is on the verge of crawling, she keeps trying then get's frustrated, she'll be on baby ski's soon :-)
We all watched crufts one night after a few beers, have to say I never knew crufts could be so entertaining and Ben Vogel was rather cute too. What! A few nights out down the bar and local restaurants was required too. Just as well as we found the world's best tampura prawns, in the middle of Switzerland, what's going on. Oh and pretty good pizza too.
The photo in the bathroom is on board the ferry heading back to the UK, Isabella needed her bath so she got a marble sink instead and a bathroom of spectators.

No comments: